- Do you struggle with too much to do and not enough time?
- Do you feel the effects of overwork and stress?
- Do you long for some time to yourself?
- Do you sometimes feel conflicted about work and family?
- Do you lack meaning and purpose in your work or your life?
If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, Kathleen can help you. Kathleen Barton, Certified Life Coach, empowers working women to live a purpose-driven and balanced life!
By working with Kathleen, you will be able to:
- Define your unique purpose in life
- Discover your passion
- Clarify and live according to your values and priorities
- Achieve your most important priorities
- Manage your time better
- Renew and refresh yourself
This will result in:
- Greater productivity and effectiveness
- A purpose-driven and fulfilling life
- A more balanced life
- More peace and less stress
- A greater sense of accomplishment and satisfaction
One-on-one coaching involves a weekly one-on-one conversation over the phone. The work is client-driven and focused on your goals. Kathleen will provide guidance, support, and accountability to help you:
- Define your specific goals
- Gain insight and perspective
- Take action during the week
- Overcome obstacles
- Stay focused on your goals
And ultimately achieve your desired results!
Group coaching consists of a small group of 6-8 working women who meet every other week via teleconference to discuss their real-life issues and gain support from the group to achieve their goals. Kathleen offers two different coaching groups.
Passport to Purpose: Your Roadmap to a Fulfilled Life®
Phase I: Identify your unique, divine purpose
- Determine your values and priorities
- Uncover your passions
- Identify your interests, gifts, talents and potential contributions to others
- Determine the legacy you want to leave
- Visualization exercise
- Write draft
Phase II: Living your life on purpose
- Put first things first - prioritize and focus on the most important
- Put principles at the center of your life
- Prioritize your most important values
- Schedule your most important priorities
- Determine how to best utilize gifts/talents
- Set goal and develop plan
- Study and emulate your role model(s)
- Practice affirmations
- Aske yourself in each situation, "What would (my role model) do?"
- Act accordingly
Passport to Priorities: Your Roadmap to a Balanced Life
Each week will focus on a topic related to work-life balance, including:
- Evaluating the balance in your life, and identifying areas that are out of balance
- Identifying values and priorities; settings goals
- Staying focused on your priorities
- Setting limits and boundaries; how to say "no" tactfully
- Delegating and gaining support
- Simplifying your life
- How to rejuvenate and refresh yourself
- Personal challenges and successes
About Kathleen Barton, MBA
Over twenty years ago Kathleen realized her life was out of balance. She spent all her time working, going to school, and studying. She didn't have time for her husband much less herself. Faced with the prospect of losing her marriage, she realized she had totally lost sight of her priorities. That was the start of her life balance journey.
In the ensuing years, Kathleen sought out alternative work arrangements to bring more balance into her life. In 1987 Kathleen found a job-share partner and sold the concept to her boss. She worked in the job-share while she completed her MBA. After her first child was born, Kathleen went back to work full-time while her husband, "Mr. Mom" as he called himself, stayed home with their daughter. After their second child was born, Kathleen went back to work part-time after taking six months maternity leave. Today, Kathleen has teenage kids, and runs her own business from a home office.
Kathleen likes to refer to herself as a "reformed workaholic", and as such, wants to help other women break their "achievement addiction" and live a more fulfilling, balanced life with less stress and more peace.
Kathleen Barton earned a Bachelors degree in Psychology and a Masters degree in Business from California State Universities. She received her coach training from the Institute for Professional Empowerment Coaching.